|So the Goddess says, thus it is so ...|
Are Otakus Weird? ... Depends
All depends on the "otaku". Me? I'm just a fan. To prove there's a difference:
|Believe it or not, this pile actually IS someones' collection. I |
don't have even a fifth this much. Most I wouldn't bother with.
1. Me: I only have about two shelves worth of these Japaneses cartoons. Yes, I call them cartoons. Sometimes I use the Walter Lantz spelling (Kartunes!).
Otakus: Some of these folks have anime collections bigger than my entire vid collection.
|"Man's gotta know his limitations.": Dirty Harry|
Credit: Fighter4Luv from DeviantArt
2. Otakus: Some cosplay as characters who don't match their body types, age or gender. There should be a rule wherin one can only cosplay if one is within 10 pounds of the character they're portraying. Oh yes, get a shave!
Me: I don't cosplay but if I did, I'd take my limitations into account. You wouldn't see me made up as Sailor Moon, Pinkie Pie, or whatever!
|Even if I was into this, I wouldn't have a place to put them. That & I stopped|
building/collecting models long ago (It was the darn glue!).
3. Otakus: A lot load themselves down with figurines, knick knacks (Paddywhacks!), posters, body pillows (What the ...!?), manga, books, magazines & other ephemera.
Me: I've a couple posters, three reference books & a stack of manga less than a foot high. I don't bother with a magazine unless it has an article of interest. With all the free stuff/info on the net, why bother?
|I have only one of these. Guess which one. Credit: Derek Lieu|
4. Otakus: Into "anime flavor of the month". "The latest 'n greatest." Will watch anything anime, never mind if it's any good or not.
Me: I have a few of the "classics" & am pretty much satisfied with that. If I'm streaming a show I don't like, I drop it. If I pick up something & it turns out I don't like it, I either throw it out (If it's too objectionable.) or give it to the local colleges' anime club.
|Oh? Uh ... What is it exactly? (Yeah, right!)|
5. Otakus: SOME have, shall we say, interesting "predilections" to say the least.
Me: I'm not gonna tell ya! ... er ... uh ... I mean ... Never Mind! FORGET WHAT I SAID!
It Was the Darn Glue! here.
Go to Jays' Tee Vee blog main page here.
DISCLAIMER: All images used on this blog are strictly copyrights of their owners. I do not claim credit/ownership for any images used here in my blog unless stated otherwise. If I have offended anyone by posting any images on my blog, please contact me via email and I will remove specified image(s) ASAP.