|Here're most of the protagonists (Plus a couple of "villains".) in the series &|
a "friend". Clockwise: Unit 01, Asuka Langley Soryu, Gendo Ikari, Ritsuko
Akagi, Rei Ayanami, Shinji Ikari, & Misato Katsuragi. Credit: Gainax
I up n' dun' it. After You Tubing End of Evangelion I broke down & sent out to Amazon for the movie, the series (Platinum edition. With the six "directors cut" episodes.), & Death and Rebirth ..... USED. Have no intention of spending too much on ANYTHING let alone some discs. Was able to get End & the series at about half, & spent less than ten bucks on D & R (Good thing too. If you have the series & End, you don't need D&R.)
Was not originally hot on the franchise as I shy away from "giant robot" stuff (Overdone & dumb.) & I had a misconception about the "good guys" & their ultimate goal. Turns out the vast majority are duped into thinking they're saving mankind from an ill defined supernatural/ extraterrestrial menace all the while they're being used to bring about the end of all human life. The "do-gooders" orchestrating this think they're doing everyone a favor! As there have been some things in my life gone awry because of the good intentions of others I found the premise of the series intrigueing. Then there's the rest of the stuff:
1. Take what is seemingly a giant robot slug fest.
2. Add theological trappings from the Book of Revelation, the Gnostic hereseys, & the Cabbalah.
3. Throw in a conspiratorial group of insiders (A Bilderberg/CFR/Illuminati on crack.) literally hell bent on "saving" you wether you want it or not (I ran with a lot of conspiracy chasing groups in my younger days.).
4. Bring in a VERY reluctant hero, a psycho "nazi" chick, & a creepy yet sympathetic semi-clone with a more than subdued personality.
5. Also a dad who's an anti Ward Cleaver, a tech scientist who is much more involved than she lets on & a more than capable female military officer who also doubles as "the beer fairy".
Toss the above in together with all the color, action, comedy(?), chaos, collateral damage & death you'd expect in an anime & you have the Evangelion franchise.
Am done with the first six chapters. Intend to get the rest this week. It's gonna be a long week.
Article copyright © 8-28-2011 Jay Agan
On the Rapture, Third Impact, Armageddon & All That here.
Expert Predicts Third Impact to Hit May 21! here.
Evangelion 2.0: I Can (Not) Get Into This here.
Go to Main Page here.
DISCLAIMER: All images used on this blog are strictly copyrights of their owners. I do not claim credit/ownership for any images used here in my blog unless stated otherwise. If I have offended anyone by posting any images on my blog, please contact me via email and I will remove specified image(s) ASAP.
This article (only) may be copied in whole or in part. Please cite proper credit & backlink.