Friday, September 21, 2012

Nyoron Churuya-san ... Why?


Oh gee ... Another Haruhi related
article ... nyoro~n ...

Nyoron Churuya-san ... Why?

Why? Why indeed. Not as to the existance of this short, SHORT show (Talk about Short Attention Span Theater! Each episode is around a minute long!), but about the QUESTION (S) it raises:

1. Why ... is Miss Tsuruya/Churuya shrunk down to the size of a bread box? We know why Ryoko is (To keep her from killing Kyon!). It's never explained. Is it for the purposes of "cute"? I already thought she was. I miss the tall giggler with green hair down past her posterior ... & a fang.


A study in contrasts. The original Tsuruya holding the
doll-like Churuya. Credit: Michio O of Deviantart

2. Why ... does she have a fixation (Over riding OBSESSION!) on smo-chee ... er ... uh ... smoked cheese?

3. Why ... does she have a "thing" for Kyon? I'm really getting to be annoyed at this jerk. He has all these babes after him (One of whom happens to be ... GOD ... for heavens' sakes!) & he hasn't a clue about what to do with such luck. Which brings me to:

4. Why ... is Kyon so cruel to her? Denies her company as well as the cheese (I assume she's still in the same age group despite her tiny stature.), makes things off limits/out of reach, replacing her with a lookalike figure, etc. The rest of the SOS bunch (All talking in flat monotones. Everyone's a "Yuki" ... including Yuki.) aren't nice to her either, what with their excluding/making her the "fall guy" in their activities & all.

5. Why is Ryoko affectionate toward Kyon as well? I thought she was out to eliminate him. I know I am! She even goes so far as to decoy Churuya or "one up" her. Kyon treats her pretty much the same way.

Nyoron Churuya-san is an all too short, puzzling, disjointed, jumble of an anime. Makes no sense at all, leaving me confused & up at nights. So ...

6. Why ... do I bother watching it every so often.

... and ...

7. Why ... DO I ENJOY IT SO MUCH!

Oh yeah! ... What the heck does nyoron mean?

Here we go ...


The Head Trip of Haruhi Suzumiya parts 1 , 2 , 3 .

Go to Jays' Tee Vee blog main page here.

1 comment:

  1. Last I remember, Tsuruya wasn't the one who was trying to eliminate Kyon. That would've been Asakura Ryoko, whom was decompiled by Yuki for trying to kill Kyon.

    ReplyDelete