Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oh! Great!



                                                       Oh! Great!

      As is my usual procedure, I was looking through the audience section in my blog stats when I noticed Afghanistan listed. Intrigued, I checked out the referring url in the traffic sources section. Seems someone from there was looking at my Shooting Range Herp 'n Derp article.

      As most of the people who come to this blog to "snatch" pictures, I intentionally rename any illustrations with particulars regarding it (After all they're looking for ex. "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya_Haruhi_Playboy_bunny_suit.jpg & not 123xyz.jpg.). That way, anyone looking for a particular graphic will come to my blog. The idea is if at least one in ten actually bother to read the accompanying article then the picture has done its job.

      The graphic that WAS with the above article was that of a large "bullseye" rifle target. I wondered: Why would someone in Afghanistan want a target graphic? To make copies of it & if so, who? I'm sure our people over there have more than enough targets, paper & otherwise. I concluded that ones who would have need of such a graphic may not be friendly. I have therefore removed the graphic from the article & replaced it with a different one.

      While I was (And still am.) all for our people to go into Afghanistan, kill terrorists, & LEAVE (As was originally intended.), I'm not for our folks staying & trying to "build" a nation where there wasn't any to begin with & NEVER WILL BE. All the same, I don't like the idea of being responsible for any of our people "getting it" & so have removed the graphic.

Go to Main Page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment