Answering Those 50 Anime Questions: A Filler Article
1. Who is your favourite male anime character?
Spike Spiegel. He's just too dang kool for words.
2. Who is your favourite female anime character?
Faye Valentine. She's just too dang kool to care.
3. What is your favourite anime soundtrack?
Of the only two I have right now (One being End of Evangelion), I would say Azumanga Daioh.
4. What is your favourite anime opening + animation?
Opening song: First season The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It has the feel of a 70s Helen Reddy song. Opening & closing with credits here.
Opening animation: Lucky Star, zippy & quirky here.
5. What is your favourite anime ending + animation?
Ending Song: First season Spice & Wolf. Though it's in a rather cute "Engrish", it has the feel of something the Beatles would've sung in the late 60s. Ending song here.
Ending animation: Azumanga Daioh, the part where Kaorin "accidentally" touches Sakaki here.
Franchise ending: Last scenes & closing from episode #26 of Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues Part 2.
|..... bang .....|
6. What is your favourite anime scene?
The "Hostility Passing By" scenario from Episode 2 of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.
|"Why a plain roll!?"|
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Spike Spiegel for coolness lessons. Shinji Ikari to slap some sense into (Stop going emo on us, kid!). Maybe Spike could straighten him out.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Depending on my mood & "howz it goin'" I range between Shinji Ikari & Spike Spiegel. Maybe I should slap me around!
9. What is your favourite thing about anime?
The general political incorrectness. It's from a monoracial culture so it has little barriers to "politeness". Everyone smokes like chimneys. Even if any of the women can kick your posterior, they still enjoy being girls.
10. What is your least favourite thing about anime?
Too much cutsey, moe' schoolgirl krap, though I do have a FEW shows involving this (If I were a 'toon I'd be a Haruhiist.). See question #18.
If you want to see what real MOE is then check out a Three Stooges episode or three. The movie is in theaters April 13.
11. Who is your favourite anime couple?
Haruhi & Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. She abuses the krap outta him & he's a glutton for punishment (But then, if God tells you to jump, you immediately "suck it up" & ask: how high?.). They're in love with one another but they won't admit it to themselves let alone each other (At least not when they're awake.).
|Yes sir! Kyon has "all the luck in the world." Not all of it's good|
12. Who is your favourite anime animal?
Outlaw Stars' Aisha Clan Clan.
|"Who you callin' an animal!"|
13. What anime would make a good game?
I play checkers on the net, so I'm not much into vid games.
14. What game would make a good anime?
Uh ..... checkers?
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
8 Man/Eight Man Over. During the 1960s (Yeah, I'm that old!). Was visiting the gradparents in upstate New York. They had what passed for cable & got all the NYC stations (Grandpa & his Yankees!). A cousin happened to mention it being on & was hooked ever since. The NY indy staions (WPIX (ch11), WOR (ch9), etc.) had other anime as well (Astro Boy, The Amazing Three, Gigantor, etc.).
This was back when it wasn't called anime, or even Japanimation. They were uh ..... cartoons.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
Say what!? That would be about the same time I'd stop watching old movies. When alzheimers kicks in or the Lord calls me home.
17. What is your favourite genre of anime?
Science Fiction, military.
18. What is your least favourite genre of anime?
A high school romance/comedy had better have an interesting "take" before I'll even think of watching it, egs: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (theological whackness), Full Metal Panic Fumoffu (military fish out of water), Lucky Star (satire), Serial Experiments Lain (existential/theological mind twists), etc. An exception would be Azumanga Daioh. Cute, funny, simple/sophisticated, & doesn't insult your intelligence.
|Chiyo-chan helps Kagura out with a problem. L-R Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga,|
Tomo Takino, Sakaki, Chiyo-chan Mihama, Kagura, Koyomi "Yomi" Mizuhara,
& "Chiyo father". Credit: J C Staff
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
Yes. Everyone thinks I'm weird anyway so what the heck?
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
I only like some of their movies & cartoons. Don't think I'd care for the "bumper to bumper" environment.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
Chrono Crusade. After about eight eps, nothing was happening except "monster of the week". From the trailer, I was expecting a great riff on The Untuouchables & Catholicism.
22. What anime was better than you expected?
Lucky Star. In spite of it being a partial running advert for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya it's a great satire of anime & pop culture in general.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
|Vicious & Spike "square off" in episode 5 of Cowboy Bebop:|
Ballad of Fallen Angels.
The church shootout between Spike & Vicious in Cowboy Bebop episode #5, Ballad of Fallen Angels.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I like my women real & of legal age.
25. What was your favourite video game as a child?
I'm from the pinball/pre-Atari era.
Questions About Me
26. Most embarrassing moment?
Too many to count.
27. a) Can you drive?
I'm in my fifties. What do you think?
27. b) Do you own a car?
It owns me.
28. Are you mature?
You're as old as you feel. I'm just as childish & immature as I ever was.
29. What year were you born?
Let's just say I'm soon to be AARP elligable.
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
31. Describe yourself physically.
Check out the bulletin board at the post office.
32. What would you name your first child?
Bruno, Igor or Adolf.
33. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had?
34. What is your worst habit?
35. Do you drink or smoke?
No to both.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning or a night person?
I'm an insomniac.
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
39. Do you regret anything?
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Hands n' feet.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Only for reading.
42. Are you a picky eater?
I eat wot I pick.
43. Would you die for someone?
She left the scene long ago.
44. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation. I hate driving.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
If it's super & it's natural, then it's supernatural.
I believe in God & I'm not talking Haruhi or Lain, etc.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
They haven't caught me yet.
48. Time traveller or ghost?
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
50. Are you in a relationship?
Can't afford it.
Hope you enjoyed this. See y'all later.
Go to Main Page here.
DISCLAIMER: All images used on this blog are strictly copyrights of their owners. I do not claim credit/ownership for any images used here in my blog unless stated otherwise. If I have offended anyone by posting any images on my blog, please contact me via email and I will remove specified image(s) ASAP.