Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Sexual Harassment of Haruhi Suzumiya or Now I Get It!




She'll never leave that poor kid alone. Mikuru may be moe' but Haruhi is
Moe Howard! Credit: Noizi Ito, Kyoto Animation

                                  The Sexual Harassment of Haruhi Suzumiya

                                                                   or

                                                           Now I Get It!

                                                                   by

                                                                      Jay Agan

      Perhaps I'm a bit slow on the uptake. Heck, sometimes it takes a looong time before I figure something out.


As the song goes: She's got the whooooole world ..... in her hand. Somehow,
 this does NOT reassure me. Credit: Noizi Ito, Kyoto Animation

      A few months ago I wrote a three part article The Head Trip of Haruhi Suzumiya. In the first part I mentioned how taken aback I was over some scenes in episodes 01, 02 & 03. I still hold to the same reservations but now I more fully understand as to what it's about.
     
      I originally thought it had to do with some kind of wierd Japanese sexual humor. I now see they were nothing more than satiric pokes at the anime trope known as moe'. It's nothing more than the title characters' way (Being the pushy, inconsiderate ASS she can be.) of pointing out some of the Mikuru characters' moe' aspects. In this case, cute, tiny, and uh ..... generous secondary female characteristics. Still, it could have been handled differently (Being as I'm from Ohio & not ohayo, I like my women real & of legal age.).


One can only guess as to the incident that would get this bunch into a line up.
One good guess as to whose fault it is. Hint: It's not that of the pairs on either
end. Credit: Noizi Ito, Kyoto Animation

      
      While Mikuru is moe', Haruhi is definitely Moe Howard.

                                                  Article copyright © 3-24-2011 Jay Agan
     
      Here are some Haruhi goodies I found on You Tube:

      While our anime marketers usually leave the opening/closing numbers alone, it seems the Russians like to re-dub them in their own language.

      Here's the Russian version of God Knows.

      Here's a couple unrelated ones for the opening/closing of the second season. Quite funny as seemingly no editing was needed. They just "fell in" on their own.

      K-On! is one of those girly little animes I know absolutely nothing about. As a child of the Cold War, if anyone told me 20 years ago I'd be chuckling over something to do with the Soviet anthem, I'd have told him he was nuts!

      Here's an Azumanga one you've probably seen before.


Go to Main Page here.

DISCLAIMER: All images used on this blog are strictly copyrights of their owners. I do not claim credit/ownership for any images used here in my blog unless stated otherwise. If I have offended anyone by posting any images on my blog, please contact me via email and I will remove specified image(s) ASAP.

This article (only) may be copied in whole or in part. Please cite proper credit & backlink.

No comments:

Post a Comment