Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ray Harryhausen: Farewell To A Master

Poster for documentary on Mr. Harryhausen. Credit: Joe Wilson, Arrow Films.

Ray Harryhausen: Farewell To A Master

Words cannot describe the sadness I have over the passing of this great artist. I'll leave that to all the other articles on the net. Other than Willis O'Brien (Mr. Harryhausens' mentor.) & George Pal, there are no other stop-motion animators I can think of. Since the passing of Mr. O'Brien, Mr. Harryhausen WAS stop-motion animation. His work in motion pictures left a deep impression on me & are a great influence in my tastes in film.

Ray Harryhausen: 1920-2013 Age 92

Good bye sir. You will be missed.


Link to SAA Illustration Hub/SAA News blog for another example of documentary poster art here.

Link to an earlier article of mine about where I may have inadvertantly met Mr. Harryhausen here.

Night At The Drive In (One Million Years BC) article here.


Go to  Jays' Tee Vee blog main page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment