Monday, May 26, 2014

Just a Few Things Godzilla

'Bout fell outta' my chair when I first saw this. Would have laughed even more
if it wasn't so dang true. For lotsa' things Godzilla, go to Armand Vaquers' blog
Armands' Rancho Del Cielo. That's where I got this 'un.


Just a Few Things Godzilla


Was in Wal-Mart yesterday. Seems someone is trying to cash in on Legendarys' recent Godzilla release by issuing Godzilla King of the Monsters on disc.

Saw it on the shelf and examined. No company logo/label. My guess is it probably ISN'T the Criterion Collection release. THEY WOULD LET YOU KNOW it's from them. They also wouldn't say it's a 1966 release of an American 'redo' of a 1964 original ... Right on the box. Seems to be ahead about ten years. Doubly laughable when you notice the official copyright statement just below saying the original is copyrighted by Toho from 1954.

As stated in an earlier post, I'm not gonna' take in Legendarys' Godzilla flick. If I'm paying for a movie ticket, I want my moneys' worth. Less than ten minutes of the "Big G" out of 123 minutes just ain't worth it to me.

Here's a lobby poster of the original Japanese release:

This graphic is much bigger than it appears. Right click and open in new tab.


Armands Rancho del Cielo blog here.

Wikipedia article on Gojira, the original 1954 Japanese release here.

Wikipedia article on the 1956 American re-edit release, Godzilla King of the Monsters here. Starring Steve Martin as Raymond Burr ... uh ... Or is it the other way around?


Go to Jays' Tee Vee blog main page here. It there's a buncha' articles under this 'un, yer already there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment