8 Things Liberals Do to Avoid an Honest Debate - Broken Down to a Science
Internet Journal Review
We've all been there: Stuck in a hopelessly circular argument with a liberal who won’t get to the point, acknowledge basic facts even exist, or get past juvenile name-calling in debates. It can be really frustrating.
One thing people can do to fight back is just to code all the non-responses to logical or rational arguments. Cryptically flipping back “Give me a break with that number 5 nonsense” or “Man, number 3, again?” can really humiliate people whose stupidity is broken down to a science.
So with no further adieu, here is your Rosetta Stone of Liberal Rhetoric (and it can be done with less-than-bright members of other political persuasions).
1. Ad Hominem (Name-Calling aka “You’re a Racist!” etc.)
2. Distracting (aka “Pivoting” aka “Changing the Subject”)
3. Somebody Else Did It Before (aka Two Wrongs Make a Right)
4. Obama Doesn’t Know What’s Going On (Or Did I Do That?)
5. It’s a Far-Right Conspiracy (Or The Koch Brothers Did It).
6. You Heard That on Faux News
7. Argumentum Ad Misericordium (Or “Do it for the Children”)
8. It’s Bush’s Fault
Four years into the weakest recovery in U.S. history, it will always be Bush’s fault in the minds of liberals – even if Obama doubles and triples down on Bush deficits, declares wars without Congressional authorization, signs the Patriot Act by auto-pen, you name it – those things that liberals said they were opposed to under Bush are no longer attached to President Obama.
Sometimes, arguing with radicals seems like an exercise in futility. But remember, you’re not always arguing to change their minds, but the minds of rational people who are observing the debate.
Disclaimer: The illustrations accompanying this article were added by me. The original article, as is, can be seen on the above link.