Friday, October 28, 2011

Godzilla, Gamera, What the Heck Do I Know!?

Shoot! I might go see this one!

                               Godzilla, Gamera, What the Heck Do I Know!?

                                                                  by

                                                                     Jay Agan

      Or care. Actually I do ..... some.

      I'm not big on either of those franchises. After the ones made fifties-early sixties, those Japanese giant rubber monster flicks look pretty much the same to me. I have a few english dub, public domain Gamera copies in the Treeline/Millcreek 50 packs.

      So I'm manning a check-out at this mid-west would be Wal Mart (It paid the bills.). A customer comes through & plunks down this multi-movie DVD with three Gamera flicks on it. I make a comment or two about what fun little time wasters they are. She replies in kind & that she grew up on them. Then she makes a statement about both the Godzilla & Gamera franchises being made by the same studio.

      On my mentioning they were made by two different companies (Godzilla/Gojira, Toho. Gamera, Daiei.), She got rather indignant & redeclared her statement. AUDIBLY so.

      Woah!

      As it wasn't a point worth arguing (Or losing ones' job over.) I let it & her slide out the door.

           
      The drawback with working in a place with a pharmacy is you're the target for all sorts of the over/under medicated. Especially if the company shirt is Star Trek red.

      But then, what the heck did I know? I was just a check-out clerk. Part of the backdrop & wearing the uniform of whatever conspiracy the delusional/powerless imagine is keeping them down. Working with the public, you can't help but wonder if the whole world is one big laughing house.


And all this time I thought it was to Haruhi Suzumiya
or Rei Ayanami!
      
      Keep whatever thoughts you have about anything to yourself. Reading about your hobby, or even the credits on the screen could mark your as "different". Beware.

      Got a new hat today ..... Where's the tin foil?

Article copyright © 10-28-2011 Jay Agan

Links to a couple of real Japanese giant rubber monster fans here & here.

Go to Main Page here.

DISCLAIMER: All images used on this blog are strictly copyrights of their owners. I do not claim credit/ownership for any images used here in my blog unless stated otherwise. If I have offended anyone by posting any images on my blog, please contact me via email and I will remove specified image(s) ASAP.

This article may be copied in whole or in part. Please cite proper credit & backlink.

No comments:

Post a Comment