Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Irish At The Shooting Range

NOT to be construed that guns & alky are a good combo. I
just happen to like Guinness ... But not while I'm shooting.


Irish At The Shooting Range


Another wonderful day at the range when two Irishmen walk in. NO ... This is not an Irish joke. Read on ...

We went over the rudiments of gun safety, & the range rules, setting them up with a .38 & ammo. After a few minutes with them on the firing line I came back in the shop. The fellow I worked with HAD to make a comment:

"You rented a gun to a couple of Irishmen? Are ... you ... crazy?" Grin on his face.

"HEY! ... I'm Irish!"

"My point exactly."

"Hnnnngh!"

Their session over, the two gentlemen come off the range & we get to talking about Ireland & other subjects. Somehow the subject of gun control came up. Needless to say, they had a rather "European" outlook on that sort of thing. Also needless to say, we countered with our rather "American" viewpoint on such things.

It was a friendly argument, no voices raised but ... when one of them said "There are too many guns in America", I couldn't resist.

"Is this a great country or WHAT!?" Grin on my face.

They responded by giving me that "WHAT" look.

After a few more sentences between us, they left. I thought that was the last we'd see of them.

A couple weeks later, they came back for another go on the range. They stayed even longer after that & we picked up our conversation from where we left off. No opportunities for snappy rejoinders (Darn!) but they did go away a little more pro-gun than before.

We're all friends here.


Go to Jays' Tee Vee blog main page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment